Monday, March 19, 2012

Its Amazing How Much You Can Accomplish When You Get Up Early...

Yesterday being Sunday was church!  Usually Beau and I go to the 9:30 service, but this week we automatically woke up around 7 and had plenty of time to get ready for church.  We went to the 8am service this week which is a more traditional service.  It fit us perfectly and was just so homey.  It's so nice though that there are so many different times to choose from.

I haven't been very good at posting recipes lately!  So here are a couple things that I have made in the past couple of days...

A dear friend of mine gave me this recipe for French Dip sandwiches.  Her family loves them so much that they are on high demand around her house and they usually have them every couple of weeks.  I can see why!


French Dip Sandwiches

Here's what you need...
Chuck Roast
Sliced Swiss Cheese
A packet of onion soup mix
2 cans of beef broth
French Rolls


brown the meat


add beef broth


add onion soup mix


melt swiss cheese on the meat and french roll


AMAZING!

*NOTE: This makes a LOT.  The hubs and I got three meals out of this recipe.

I found another recipe today that my friend over at if it is to be, its up to me pinned recently.  I love lemon.  I also love the occasional sweets.  That being said, I am also on a diet and really trying to watch what I eat.  So I was STOKED when I saw that this recipe was a weightwatchers recipe!  And its SO easy!



Here's What You Need...
Lemon cake mix
20 oz diet 7Up (or something lemon lime esque)
Tub of light whipped topping

Add the soda to the cake mix and stir stir stir!  It might be a little difficult as there will be a lot of foam from the carbonation.  Keep stirring though!  It will even out! 

Poor batter into a greased 9x13 and cook for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven!  

Yes, it really is that easy!  Then you add the whipped topping once its cooled off.  I was too eager, however, because it smelled SO GOOD and added the topping and dug in before it cooled down.  Still tastes good, but the topping will melt right in.

I was feeling pretty crafty today.  This morning was rather blah.  It was raining and overcast so I felt like cooking and crafting!  This is what is in the crock pot as we speak...




I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow! ;)

I have been wanting to make bath salts for a LONG time now.  Beau works so hard and stands all day and I really wanted to make something nice for him.  So I made them today!


Here's What You Need...
3 cups of epsom salt
2 cups of sea salt (although I have read any salt is fine, the chunkier the prettier)
1/2 oz (1 tablespoon) of essential oil
Drops of food coloring (if you want)

You just combine and enjoy!  I used Bath and Body Works Massage Oil, Stress Relief.  I used it because of the added moisturizer.  I chose not to add any food coloring because I am always so afraid of stains.


I hope we get to try it out tonight!

I have also been wanting to make the "I Love You Because..." picture frame for our bathroom.  So today I ran over to Goodwill and picked up a couple of picture frames.  Then I ran over to Hobby Lobby and picked out some cute scrap booking paper!


I am so excited about this that I will probably have fun new things to hang by tomorrow!

The rain seemed to paint the world this morning.  It was almost magical since everything turned green after the showers passed...

the back yard in all its green glory!

daffodils?  tulips?  I can't wait to see!!!

one of our bushes...

It makes me want to plant flowers in the WORST way!  I can't wait for next month!

Tonight the hubs and I are meeting with a personal trainer to set out our goals.  I honestly don't know what my goal is.  I mean do I say "to fit my fat ass in to my pants again and make it so my arms don't look like they have bags of pudding attached"?  I am sure she's heard it before!

I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weather!

OH!  I almost forgot!  To all you bakers out there, I have a cake mix that is missing a cup or two and I don't know what to do with the rest of it.  Does anyone have any recipes?! 

In Gods Love,

Kenz

4 comments:

  1. I know zilch regarding plants and gardening, but I'll betchya they aren't tulips. Only because we have tulips and they're sprouting right now and look nothing like that. ;)

    As for your cake mix, remember my recipe for mug cakes?
    http://jennajoybeck.blogspot.com/2012/02/let-them-eat-cake.html

    It takes one box of angel food cake mix and one box of any other kind of cake mix. I'm sure you could manage that with your partial cake mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GREAT IDEA! Although I was hoping I could find a recipe that I could make and then send to work with Beau so I don't eat it ;)

      Delete
  2. lemon cake sounds so good right now!
    just started following your blog.
    xx jes, www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its delish! Thanks Jes for stopping! I am excited to start following you as well and learn all about those sweet lil pups of yours!

      Delete