Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Goodness...

I have three new followers!  Thanks everyone for being interested in our life and what I have to say!  I love making new friends and I consider each and every one of you a friend!

So, yesterday I was on a baking/cooking/crafting frenzy!  It was rainy and nasty here for most of the morning and since I have been trying to get back into the swing of waking (and staying) up early, I had to do something!  I haven't really been into pinterest as much lately, and I have even debated getting rid of facebook (a post on that is forthcoming).  But there were a bunch of cute projects I wanted to try out.

First things first though, the chicken goodness...thats exactly what it turned out to be...




This is the "before"...  unfortunately I can't show you a picture of the "after" as its all in my tum tum...lets just say it was AMAZING!  AND, super easy!

Here is what you need and what you do... *see yesterday's post for a picture of ingredients*

2-3 lbs of frozen chicken breast
1 can of Rotel
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained) *beans are optional.  The hubs hates beans so we didn't add them*
1 package of cream cheese
1 packet of taco seasoning *this is also optional but it added a lot of kick*

Throw everything in the crock pot and let it cook on "low" for 6-8 hours, stirring every two hours.  Its AMAZING!  I am really excited to share this recipe with my sister as she loves black beans!

I also made Spanish rice to go with it.  I am not for spicy, but the hubs is and he loved the rice.  Add salsa if you like too!  And it goes GREAT with cornbread (then again, everything does).

It makes a lot so if you aren't super hungry you are bound to have left overs!

Have a blessed day!

In Gods Love,

Kenz

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys liked this recipe. I can't wait to have it this week!

    ReplyDelete