Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Special Visitor!

Beau's mom is coming today to spend a few days with us. I am SO looking forward to spending time with her and to just have family so close. Its such a blessing that she has been able to spend so much time with us over the past couple months. Not only is she here for Christmas (well, early Christmas) she was here for Thanksgiving and she will be coming out again next month. It helps so much as we get so homesick. It makes the time here go faster for sure. I love my mother-in-law. We are so much a like in many ways and it will just be nice to have her here. I know Beau is over the moon that she is going to be staying with us for a few days.

I sent her on an important mission before she made her way from Jersey to NY. Mission: find and purchase Brach's Ribbon Candy and deliver to final destination. Well, she text me a while ago and apparently she was unable to find said candy. I am beginning to wonder if it (like many other things) is a Midwest thing. However, Archway cookies (one of my FAVORITE Christmas cookie makers) has since stopped selling in the Midwest and now sells strictly in New York (go figure). I was tempted to go hunting for them, but since my new goal is to again lose all the weight I lost for the wedding and tone myself up, I decided against it. The LAST think I need is sweets sitting around. Not that I necessarily love sweets, but when they are cheaper than health food...well...you can guess what happens.

To get into the holiday spirit I have instead added all my favorite Christmas movies to Netflix. Tonight is Beau's favorite National Lampoons Christmas Vacation! OH YEA!

Its quite pleasant here. I think I could get used to more mild winters. I HATE the snow, unless I am INSIDE looking at it out my window with a big cup of something hot, a nice fluffy blanket, a good movie or book, and Beau and or Oliver to snuggle with. I have to admit though, I am a lover of white Christmases. It just doesn't feel like Christmas unless there is snow on the ground. Checking the forecast though it looks as though we are in for either sun or rain all the way up til the 25th. If it could only hold out one more month! I do NOT want to attempt driving in a blizzard again this year.

Miss you friends and loved ones. I hope you continue to have a blessed holiday season.

In Gods Love,

Beau and Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment