Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oh The Cookery...

I have had this incredible urge to bake up a storm lately. Since we've lived here we have yet to purchase the ingredients necessary for any baked good. Flour, sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar, baking powder...basically we run on essentials.

Every Christmas my mom and I have baked cookies and taken them to our friends. One of my favorite holiday treats is GINGERBREAD! Oh I LOVE it! Mmmmm Mmmm Mmmmm! So as I was writing out the shopping list last night, I added Gingerbread.

I have recently discovered the amazing website: foodgawker. A-MA-ZING. I think I opened about 20 tabs with recipes I wanted to try out. Everything from pesto to Rose and Orange Blossom Shortcake cookies, to Povlova, to Crinkle Cookies. I wanted to make them all. I wanted to take a weekend and bake til the kitchen was filled with sweets. But what do I do with them after? I don't necessarily like sweets per se, but I do love to bake. Maybe next year...

I do have a Chocolate Pound Cake and Beer Bread mix up in the cupboard ;)

In Gods Love,

Beau and Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment