Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sick Day...


Last night I was starting to get a head ache. Who knows where it came from. Yesterday being Wednesday I had to move the car. So I got up and decided that I would go to the grocery store in the morning and take my time so I wouldn't have to move her twice. I went to the store and picked up groceries and thought I was doing pretty good on time when I pulled up in front of the apartment and the clock said 9:45. "I'll just sit here that way if the cops come, I can drive off and avoid yet another parking ticket." So I sat there. 10:00, good... I haul the groceries upstairs and glance at the clock on the microwave... "WHAT! 9!" And then it dawned at me that we don't drive enough to have set the clock back in the car. So I throw the groceries in the fridge and run out. By this time it is pouring rain and I didn't have my umbrella!

So I end up driving around for an hour because I didn't have my umbrella and there wasn't a single place to park within two miles. Driving around was worth it. It was so cold and nasty yesterday, I didn't want to risk catching a cold, especially since Beau doesn't get any sick days this rotation. And lets face it, hes just too kissable ;)

Oh and then there was the toilet...I wanted to to get the fridge cleaned out. We still had Thanksgiving left-overs hanging out in there and before they got REALLY nasty I decided to flush the old mashed potatoes. Flush? Yes, I know...my friend said the same thing, but we flush because the apartment already has a funky smell to it, I didn't want the garbage smelling like nasty rotten potatoes! So I throw them in the john. Ker-plunk... A solid mass, no breaking down. Stupid me, I decided to flush. BIG MISTAKE. Water ALL over the floor! Lets just say I felt like I was about to artificially inseminate a cow as I pulled a bag up over my elbow and went for it. Ick... "its just potatoes, its just potatoes, its just potatoes..."

And then there is this unbelievable stress we are under right now. I know I talk about this all the time, but it is so near and dear to us right now. Home. Be it Iowa or Wisconsin we don't care, its a hell of a lot closer to our friends and family than NY is. We just want to get HOME. Our last day here is to be January 27th. The countdown has begun, but we are still unsure of what February brings. Please pray for us. Please pray that we hear soon. Please pray that we get to move home.

Today my mom writes me an email telling me Oliver had gotten out again. I panicked. My head had already been pounding and I had been queasy since I woke up this morning. I didn't need to hear that my dog had ran away. My Oliver, I love him so much. I don't know what I'd do without him. But thankfully, she text me. He was home and snoring away...he definitely has earned his nickname of "Shithead."

But then I went down to the mailbox and there in the mail was my FAVORITE Christmas movie "A Christmas Story" ( I can't wait for Beau to get home tonight so we can watch it together and have Hot Toddies!) AND a homemade Christmas Card from my momma. Inside signed "Mom, Dad, Dylan, and Shithead" How I love it. And how it makes my heart break to see them.

My momma's home made Christmas cards...stamped with love...

Well, time to take a shower and take some more excedrin and hope this migraine goes away before my husband gets home. I just really want to snuggle up tonight.

In Gods Love,

Beau and Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment