Saturday, October 29, 2011

That White Stuff Is Back...Great...

I was sitting on the couch watching one of my most favorite shows ever (The Office) and was completely lost in the cliff hanger episode when I glanced up to look out the window at the dreary, gloomy day. What happened next was much like Ralfie in A Christmas Story... "HOLY FUDGE IT'S SNOWING!!!" "Only I didn't say 'fudge' I said the F dash, dash, dash word." I guess one would have to have seen the whole thing go down to really appreciate my disbelief and absolute DEVASTATION written all over my face as I jumped up and ran over to the window to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

IT ISN'T EVEN HALLOWEEN YET, FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!!!

I feel hurt, I feel beat up, and I feel even colder. I feel like my most FAVORITE season is over for the year and there is NOTHING I can do about it. I feel as though I was tricked, deceived, and down right ROBBED. And because of this I am also in denial. As of two weeks ago the corn was still in the fields, and even the trees in Vermont were not so totally in the fall spirit yet. In fact, the tree outside our window is STILL GREEN and so with that, I refuse to change the background on this blog. I won't do it, not until AFTER Thanksgiving. I don't care if there is six feet of snow on the ground...I WON'T GIVE IN TO THIS NASTY WHITE STUFF!!!!

Although I must admit, as Beau and I are still reveling in our honeymoon it wasn't so terrible to snuggle up under the covers with my new husband, drink hot cider (the most amazing cider we picked up in Vermont) and watch out the window as the flakes went from tiny and painful looking to big, fluffy, and almost loving and dare I say it, "welcoming." There was a split second where I had visions of putting on our coats, hats, and mittens and going for a short walk. Then I felt a shiver and changed my mind in a hurry as I pulled more blankets over us. Its downright cold in here but I refuse to turn on the furnace.

I am sure I look like a little street urchin right now. Beau lit a candle and told me how much heat it put off as he held his hands close to the flames. "So bring it over here and set it on the table" I said to him. Well I am sitting maybe three feet away and I am not feeling it!

I suppose once we are home and settled I won't feel the same way I do now. I used to love snow. I use to love to cuddle up and watching the big fluffy flakes. I used to love to take my dog out to play in the snow. But now, well. Lets just say I don't get a childhood thrill out of it anymore. Maybe its because I am an adult now and don't really benefit from massive amounts of snow fall.

Here is the video I made of our first snow fall:




Tonight we are making stew and cuddling up with homemade Pumpkin Spice (eat your heart out Starbucks) and a good movie.

Hmm...maybe snow isn't as bad as I thought :)

In Gods Love,

Beau and Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment