Sunday, February 17, 2013

Never According to Plan...

Ok so the Red Velvet Puppy Chow didn't get made...in fact, there were a lot of things about last week that just didn't go according to plan.

We recently had the joy of adding a new niece to the family! Being four hours closer to my in-laws you'd think that would mean we'd get to make it home more often. Not so...

Thursday we had set out to make it back to NW Iowa. The Hubs had come to class with me and sat around Ames ALL DAY waiting for me to get done so we could be on the road and homebound by 7pm. We had also been intending on seeing our old friend from college and her new little man (who was born within days of our new little love) so we were pretty excited to make it home. Seeing the new little wee ones, my nephews hockey game and breakfast (oh my gosh words cannot express how much I love that boy and wish I could make it to every single game) and to another nieces birthday party. It was going to be a full weekend...

So as I am leaving the design building, taking on the phone with our friend filling her in on the plans, I see the Hubs in the car giving me "the look"... You know the one, the one that says "MOTHER DA** WHY CAN'T ANYTHING GO ACCORDING TO PLAN?!" I get in the car and he says to me (as I am telling my friend we will for sure be home this weekend and actually had the opportunity to see her) "we aren't going home this weekend..."

Turns out one of the kiddos that we were intending to see this weekend had come down with the chicken pox and my mom couldn't remember if I had had them or not when I was little... erg...

We are planning on going home next weekend which will actually work great since another nephew turns 2. However, they are predicting a big storm...

Maybe we'll be meeting these kids when they're in their teens...

In Gods Love,

The Midwest Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment