Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Hurt Heart...

Perhaps this blog post is a little out of no where, but I just had to write it.

I feel neglected today. We are so close to moving home and closer to all those we love and miss and I am so OVER THE MOON about it, but I can't help but feel a little sadness. I just feel...neglected.

Don't get me wrong, I have friends who I talk to on a daily or weekly basis and I am so thankful to have such dear close friends. I love them with all my heart and when you get as lonely as I had been living here in New York and on my own everyday, having someone just send you a text makes your day. Just a simple "hey!" makes all the difference in the world.

And that being said I know that I have friends that I don't talk to as much as I'd like, but that doesn't mean we're anything less than. I don't know. Beau says sometimes I invest too much in relationships. There are times where I really think he's right just because I do honestly start to feel hurt and neglected when I put so much into a friendship and don't feel like I get it in return. Maybe I just worry too much, but I wish I were able to disconnect as easily as people disconnect from me. Hmmm...

Sorry to be a total Debbie. And with that I think I will take a hot shower and try to get past this icky feeling in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. I know where you're coming from with feeling like people you care about disconnect more easily from you than you do from them. It's a shame when it feels like you put more into a relationship of any kind than you get out of it.

    Don't fret, hun. You have amazing friends who love you just as much as you love them.
    I'm one of them.

    Love you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've totally felt that way before, but you just have to believe the best in people and keep reminding yourself that its most likely nothing personal--everyone these days is just so busy and it is really hard to stay in touch. Your friends do love you :) I have found that the best way to get over that heart-sick feeling is to find some way to brighten someone else's day. Even if it is just letting a stranger go in front of you in the grocery check out line or opening the door for someone, doing simple acts of service always help me see the bright side of life. Can't wait to see you and Beau in just a couple days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kenz,
    The other day was like that for me too! I felt invisible and no one in my company felt that it was important to get back to me on answers. It was frustrating...

    I love your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete