Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Figuring out Life

Beau and I have been doing a LOT of planning recently. One thing that makes me love him so much, this AMAZING man, is that he has life planned. There has never been a moment where he hasn't had a plan. And never has he taken on a plan without confirmation from God that that is what HE wants us to do. I have been given such an amazing man who works his fingers to the bone to give me all the amazing things in my life. But what is more important to me than anything and what speaks such volumes is how he plans for our future together. It makes me feel so safe and taken care of.

Since I met him I have never made a single decision that didn't involve him and I am beginning to realize more and more that he can say the same about me. He spent thins whole past weekend planning retirement. Our RETIREMENT...it seems so far away. We haven't even begun our careers yet and he is figuring out how much money we should save and how we can grow our wealth. "Wow" is all I can think, "he must love me more than I know to be this prepared and this devoted to giving us a good life."

*SIGH*

Figuring out life is not easy. There are so many questions at this point in our life. Where will we be come August? Should we move to Atlanta? Should we join the Air Force? Should we buy another vehicle next month? How soon can we pay off our bills? Will I hear good news from the head of the architecture department in a couple weeks? Can I have a career as an architectural historian in the Midwest? Should I pursue grad school this year? If not what will I do between graduation and grad school? So many questions. And I have no idea how to even begin to answer them.

25 and I am JUST NOT starting to feel like a grown up. So many changes this year. Moving away from home for the first time, buying another vehicle, graduating, getting married. WOW! A very busy year indeed.

So many changes and so many questions. But when it comes down to it I have peace in knowing that I just need to ask for the answers. The Lord has lead us here, He has given us blessings beyond number, He is good, and He is our protector and provider. I know he will show us where He wants us and what He wants us to do. So when it comes to figuring out life, all we really need to do is pray and be patient for the answer and then do it!

I feel better already

*"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment