Tuesday, February 28, 2012

All Kinds Of Good Things...

What a nice day!  I have all kinds of good things to write about today!  Yesterday our washer was delivered.  It was the final appliance we were needing and we are starting to get settled in!  It feels so good to be all set up.  I feel so domestic! :D

YES!  I have a washer and dryer now! Thanks baby!
Ever since we moved here, I have been glued to my kitchen.  My grandma always cooked big, yummy meals for my grandpa and I remember how she used to just glow when she was happy with one of her creations.  I want to do that for Beau and because of that I have been trying new things.  The grocery stores here are so much cheaper and now I feel like I can truly get out all the recipes I have been saving and give them a whirl.  Recently I tried twice baked potatoes.  They turned out delicious, but they were a bit complicated.

Twice Baked Potatoes- a little complicated, but SO worth it!
You could make an entire meal out of these alone! Here is what you need:

1 super large baking potato
bacon
1/4 Cup of sour cream
2 Tbsp of milk
1 Tbsp of butter
1/8 tsp of garlic powder (I used a great deal more)
1/8 tsp of pepper (again, I used much more than that)
1/4 Cup of cheddar cheese
green onions

1) preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Stab the potato multiple times with a fork before rapping in foil and bake for an hour.
2) while the potato is baking, fry up the bacon.  Drain, crumble, and set aside.
3) when potato is done, scoop out the insides and use a hand mixer to combine it all
4) fill skins and bake another 15 minutes. And...YUMMY!

Sunday I had made a pot roast.  It is sort of a family tradition to have a nice family meal on Sundays and its something I really want to carry on.  The pot roast was perfection if I do say so myself.  The meat just fell apart and you didn't even need a knife.  Beau was able to come home yesterday for lunch and so we munched on the leftovers of pot roast, home made mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole.  I have a new love...green onions!  And I used those in my mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.  YUM!

Anyway...I didn't think Beau would want pot roast two nights in a row, so I decided to try a new recipe last night!  Baked Spaghetti courtesy of Jenna Beck!

Baked Spaghetti-a new hubby favorite
Beau liked it so much he asked me to add it to my special cookbook of all his favorites!  You can find the recipe here: http://jennajoybeck.blogspot.com/

Beau is on call this evening so it looks as though I may have to take some to him for dinner!  And in the meantime I have LOTS of laundry to do!  AND I should really try and get my workout in.

Once upon a time, I started working out to this video by Denise Austin.  I LOVED it and really saw some great results in no time.  I want to try the rest of her workouts because I cannot believe how great she looks at 55!  I hope that's me when I am that age!

Well, I am off!  Have a blessed day!

In Gods Love,

Beau and Kenz

No comments:

Post a Comment