Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hidden Blessings...

I had a post saved in draft while I was waiting for my stupid computer to decide to load pictures of the recipes I have made recently and my kick a$$ dresser, but alas they still aren't there so I'll have to hold you all in suspense a wee longer.  But just to give you a quick taste, this is what I have made recently...

- Philly Cheese Steak Green Peppers
- Tomato Basil Cheddar Soup
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin

I know...it all sounds amazing!

I have been thinking about re-vamping this here blog beings the hubs never ever posts anything (much less reads it except for every 6 or 7 weeks as he confessed to me yesterday)  I have to give him credit though, he asked me yesterday how it was going and was genuinely interested in all my feedback.  I do love him...

Change is in the stagnent, humid air yet again.  Just when it seems like we have caught up to life and are really getting settled, adjusted, and making plans for the future a cog is thrown into it.  A while back the hubs stumbled across a duplex for sale.  I had been dragging my feet on the whole idea because I just didn't want to keep sharing a wall with complete and total strangers and I didn't really want to take on the title of "landlord" either since both of us are far too busy (and too broke) to be worrying about more than one property and whatever damage a renter may or may not do to said property.  But he convinced me to go look at the place and I admit once we peaked in all the windows and considered the pros and cons, I was pretty dead set on wanting the place.  It was perfect really and we couldn't have asked for a better neighborhood.  We were going to set up an appointment with the realtor here at the end of the month but sadly, we drove by the property again yesterday and the sign had been taken down.  I am sure my friends who read this who have homes of their own can relate to the disappointment when you have your heart set on a place and it gets away from you.  Sad, but as the hubs reassured me there are lots more places that we may even like more and who knows the status of the duplex.

But here comes that change again.  As I've mentioned about a million times before, I am wanting to go back to school.  I recently officially applied for my dream graduate program to start Spring 2013!  I have had my heart so deeply invested in this for as long as I can remember and its surreal that I have actually gone through the motions and am awaiting the official news from the school.  I look at this change a couple different ways...

A few weeks ago our pastor had said that if the Lord puts something so strong on your heart you should pursue it.  Even if it doesn't work out as you had hoped, you are still doing what He asked of you and for that He will reward you.  So I figure even if for some reason school doesn't turn out the way I hoped, at least I did what He asked and tried.

The other bit of change is that even though we have anticipated staying here through residency for quite some time now, I think we are becoming more and more open to moving back to Iowa.  I cannot tell you how happy this makes me.  Even though we are back in the Midwest (which I praise the Lord for) we are still far enough away from our families to miss out on weekend get togethers and now with a new niece, we just don't want to miss out and when we have little ones of our own, we want them to know their family and grow up with their cousins just as the hubs and I did.

All in all though, God is good and He always provides.  All we can do is ask is just pray that He'll set us on the path he wants us to take.

Yesterday we got a package in the mail!  I LOVE getting packages, its like Christmas even if you know what it is, but this was a wedding gift from the hubs cousin.  When we got married we wrote in the invitation to bring a favorite dish as well as the recipe for our crock pot reception.  Well, I am sure you guessed what we got in the mail.  A home made recipe book!  But wait, it gets even better.  As I looked through the recipe book I noticed that not all of them were in her hand writing.  Then the hubs read me the letter she had enclosed.  She is in the service and while she was stationed over seas she collected the favorite recipes of her fellow servicemen.  They had all written out their recipes and included their name and where they were from.  It was the most precious gift and even as I write this I well up with tears.  So thoughtful and so priceless.  With the upcoming 4th of July holiday it is just a reminder of all those who lay down their lives for our freedom and no matter how far away they are from their homes, they bring little bits of the things they love so much to share with others.  Completely blows me away... I know this war is certainly a controversial one, and no matter what your stance is, please pray for loved ones who fight for us every day.


I discovered today that my friend over at onehouseonecouple.blogzam.com nominated our teeny little blog for the One Lovely Blog Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!  How freakin' sweet is THAT?!  Thanks ever so much Lisha!  It makes me feel so good that there are complete and total strangers out there who care about our life and are always there to offer up love, prayer, and support.  What a blessing.


Well, I am off to scrub the tub and boil some chicken for dinner!  I hope you are all having a blessed Sunday.


In Gods Love,


Kenz






10 comments:

  1. Hey hun! Just stopped by your blog :) Had to tell you its super cute! If your interested I'm having a giveaway on my blog! Come check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait! I always love when people stop by to say "hi". I'll definitely stop by yours!

      Delete
  2. Good luck on the house hunting! You will find the perfect one you were meant to be in. I know your hesitation about renting as well. Josh mentioned that a few times, but it just worries me too much. Maybe that was the blessing in disguise. Good luck with grad school! I have no doubts you'll be accepted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks hun! And when we do find the perfect fit you better come stay with us! I'll keep you pasted on grad school!

      Delete
  3. Okay totally want to hear more about this kickass dresser (don't tell J on me! lol) and graduate school!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wish is my command Elle dear! I hope to post pictures today if my computer cooperates!

      Delete
  4. You have been a busy bee. I am so happy about you getting to go back to school. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dusty! Can't wait to hear more from YOU as well!

      Delete
  5. Looks like you've got a lot of exciting stuff happening! My hubby is big on the whole duplex concept too lol... we shall see :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NICE! You'll have to let me know if you decide to go that route!

      Delete